Punta Cana, La Altagracia
Additional Fees

Update by user Jul 28, 2016

As of two weeks ago we received an email that our claim was submitted to Beach Punta Cana insurance and they are awaiting a solution.The email also said that they will contact us one week later to give us an answer.

It is two weeks later and they stayed quiet, I reached out twice to them asking if insurance made any decisions and I didn't hear back from anyone.

I tried to call Beach Punta Cana directly to speak with someone from their attorney office but nobody wanted to connect me.I only got to talk to someone from their call center and I was dismissed.

Update by user Jun 29, 2016

We received a letter and emails from Apple Vacation and Dreams Palm Beach refusing to give us a refund.Apple Vacation based its decision on false opinion of Dreams Palm Beach staff manager who said that they follow "the highest hygiene protocols onsite".

It is most likely a lie since when we walked in to the first room, pillows still had a sweaty yellow spots on them from the previous guests. That would never be allowed in the US based hotel. Probably the entire crew would be fired.

We are very upset and unsettled about this situation.We demand our many back.

Original review posted by user Jun 28, 2016

Booking number # 0053874097

Me and my wife, we arrived on May 24th at 2.30pm to Dreams Punta Cana and we were offered right away an upgrade to preferred room. It was fishy right from the start that they offered us a "better room" for free. We wanted to see a difference so we went to see both of the rooms- upgrade and the one we booked. When we entered the first preferred club room we noticed that the room smelled like mildew, mold and people's sweat. We smelled pillows and sheets and they were disgusting, damp with yellow spots all over them. Then, the usher boy showed us the regular room (the one that we originally booked). Smell was the same. We didn't see much of a difference between upgrade and regular. My wife has severe allergies and she instantly started sneezing and coughing. At that point I knew it was not a joke.

We went downstairs and asked for a room change, again someone from the front desk took us for another tour around the preferred club rooms. We entered 5 of them. Every single smelled like cat pee, mildew and sweat. My wife couldn't stop sneezing.

We came back to front desk and we were directed to apple vacation representative. We begged her for 1.5 hour to find us a room in other resort. She did, unfortunately upgrades like that were over $3,500, above what we already paid for getting to Dreams. Nobody from the front desk approached us to offer help, they were actually avoiding us each time we tried to talk to them.

My wife started crying because the only reason we planned this vacation was to celebrate her 30 birthday that she turned on May 25th.

She was desperate about her allergic reaction and we decided to not make it any worse than it was and we booked ticket back home for the next day (May 25th). We couldn't enjoy this resort due to its disgusting and not hygienic conditions. We wasted days off at work and my wife's 30th birthday was ruined, we spent it in an airplane flying back home.

I went online to check if it was only me and my wife who found these rooms nasty and we found at least 30 other reviews complaining about the same issues. How is it possible that this resort has 5 star reviews ?The conditions are barely reaching the 2 star review and i would give that only for the beach because it was nice. I don't know where else I will complain and if i have to write thousand reviews to open people's eyes i will because this is disgrace.

Additionally, we booked a flight back with frontier airlines because we didn't want to stay another day. We checked out from Dreams hotel on May 25th at 11.10am. When we asked at the front desk if there is a vehicle available to take us to the airport on the day of our flight, we were told that only a local taxi can drive us back which we felt that would be very unsafe. Luckily, the apple vacation representative helped us with getting a ride. It was the apple vacation bus taking other guests to the airport.

I added also a video of mold growing in the frame that was hanging in our room and few other pictures of a disgusting dirty shower and patched up walls with pieces of ceiling chipping off around the ventilation system. The odor coming out from a sink and shower was unbearable.

My wife was so disgusted that she slept in sweats all night on 3 towels to not touch bed or sheets.

4 weeks after we sent out our complain we got a letter back from apple vacation that pictures and videos that we provided cant be authenticated. Its a freaking joke. Dreams staff know how all of the rooms look and they said that since we never showed pictures and videos to front desk people they cant be taken into consideration. Why the *** would I complain in the first place? Obviously rooms looked disgusting and that is why we kept complaining and switching rooms 5 times

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $2800. The author is overall dissatisfied with Apple Vacations and uploaded pictures and videos. The most disappointing about dreams resorts and spas room from Apple Vacations was service, no refund for wasted time and money and emotional distress Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Apple Vacations.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Travel Agencies category for more informed decision or compare Apple Vacations to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Apple Vacations?

Comments