Apple Vacations - Apple Vacation failed to inform customers about construction in the Rivera Maya hotel zone
My family and I have always enjoyed our stays at the Iberostar Tucan, and have used Apple Vacations countless times without any cause for complaint.However, recently we have been less than pleased with the service we received.
We booked our vacation on the 7th for a six night stay that would occur between the 24th and 30th of January. From the purchase of our tickets to our arrival at the check-in counter of the resort, not once did an Apple representative even mention the beach construction despite the construction starting three days prior to our arrival.
The construction would only come to our attention when we stepped out to the beach and noticed it blocked off and littered with heavy Caterpillar machinery. We inquired about this inconvenience with the Apple representative at the resort, who offered us a transfer to a different Iberostar.
Unfortunately, our previous experience a bigger Iberostar complex did not please us, hence why we specifically chose to have our stay at the Iberostar Tucan. After our polite rejection, the representative went on to try and sell us an excursion package to Tulum, rather than continue to deal with the issue at hand. At no point did this said representative even mention the free shuttle that would take us to another resort so we would spend the day on their beach. However, wasting an hour each way driving just to spend time at the beach was not part of the deal I paid for.
Throughout our entire vacation the beach was closed, and the machinery was used throughout the entire day, making it impossible to sleep at night.
I would like to know why Apple did not warn us of these proceedings, given that Apple and Funjet were given warning about construction in the Rivera Maya hotel zone. Seeing as I paid for insurance and could've moved my vacation to a different time, I feel that Apple has failed a loyal customer.
I cannot fathom though why Apple would act so negligent given that Funjet alerted all their customers beforehand.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Iberostart Tucan
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
You May Also Like
- "On July 3, 2015 I paid this company 2400.00 to stay at a property at Avianni homes house # 134 viola dr Davenport Fl. I call them several times to..."
- "We are currently on vacation at Holiday Inn at Los Cabos (1/3- 1/10/2015). We booked the trip on December 2, 2014 and if we were told that the Holiday..."
- "We recently stayed at West gate Lake Resort reserving our stay through Interval International. We had a terrible experience from the very beginning of our stay. Upon arrival we were..."
- "I called to cancel my service May 28 2014. I was told I had to send a letter. I submitted said letter but they continue to remove the funds from..."
- "When I had bought the house a couple months ago I noticed that water was overshooting the gutters. At that time Gutter Helmet was already on the house. I had..."
- "Im on my 9th and final call. I ordered a 90.00 gourmet basket from this company for my father for Fathers Day. To this very day I have yet to..."
- "They do not respect lifetime warranty. I bought these HID Low and High beam. I did had a replacement about a year after I bought. And next year after still do..."
- "I called for a carry out pizza managers special witch says unlimited toppings well the man over the phone told me it's only 3 toppings for that pie so I..."
- "The bottom line - Nest makes fantastic, state-of-the-art, reliable products. I own 2 of the thermostats and just installed 5 outdoor nest cams at $200 / cam. The problem is..."