Apple Vacations - Apple Vacation failed to inform customers about construction in the Rivera Maya hotel zone

My family and I have always enjoyed our stays at the Iberostar Tucan, and have used Apple Vacations countless times without any cause for complaint.However, recently we have been less than pleased with the service we received.

We booked our vacation on the 7th for a six night stay that would occur between the 24th and 30th of January. From the purchase of our tickets to our arrival at the check-in counter of the resort, not once did an Apple representative even mention the beach construction despite the construction starting three days prior to our arrival.

The construction would only come to our attention when we stepped out to the beach and noticed it blocked off and littered with heavy Caterpillar machinery. We inquired about this inconvenience with the Apple representative at the resort, who offered us a transfer to a different Iberostar.

Unfortunately, our previous experience a bigger Iberostar complex did not please us, hence why we specifically chose to have our stay at the Iberostar Tucan. After our polite rejection, the representative went on to try and sell us an excursion package to Tulum, rather than continue to deal with the issue at hand. At no point did this said representative even mention the free shuttle that would take us to another resort so we would spend the day on their beach. However, wasting an hour each way driving just to spend time at the beach was not part of the deal I paid for.

Throughout our entire vacation the beach was closed, and the machinery was used throughout the entire day, making it impossible to sleep at night.

I would like to know why Apple did not warn us of these proceedings, given that Apple and Funjet were given warning about construction in the Rivera Maya hotel zone. Seeing as I paid for insurance and could've moved my vacation to a different time, I feel that Apple has failed a loyal customer.

I cannot fathom though why Apple would act so negligent given that Funjet alerted all their customers beforehand.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 12, 2010 #222015

I had a very similar thing happen during my Cancun vacation. I booked through a local travel agent - who had just been to Cancun - for a Delta Vacation all inclusive. I complained 3 times to DeltaVacation - they gave me $350 in Delta Vacation credit. I also filed a complaint with my credit card - AmEx.. they did nothing. You may be able to get some money back or at least credit with Apple.
Sorry it was a crappy trip!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Apple Vacations. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Apple Vacations.
Filing a new complaint about