Apple Vacations - Apple Vacation failed to inform customers about construction in the Rivera Maya hotel zone
My family and I have always enjoyed our stays at the Iberostar Tucan, and have used Apple Vacations countless times without any cause for complaint.However, recently we have been less than pleased with the service we received.
We booked our vacation on the 7th for a six night stay that would occur between the 24th and 30th of January. From the purchase of our tickets to our arrival at the check-in counter of the resort, not once did an Apple representative even mention the beach construction despite the construction starting three days prior to our arrival.
The construction would only come to our attention when we stepped out to the beach and noticed it blocked off and littered with heavy Caterpillar machinery. We inquired about this inconvenience with the Apple representative at the resort, who offered us a transfer to a different Iberostar.
Unfortunately, our previous experience a bigger Iberostar complex did not please us, hence why we specifically chose to have our stay at the Iberostar Tucan. After our polite rejection, the representative went on to try and sell us an excursion package to Tulum, rather than continue to deal with the issue at hand. At no point did this said representative even mention the free shuttle that would take us to another resort so we would spend the day on their beach. However, wasting an hour each way driving just to spend time at the beach was not part of the deal I paid for.
Throughout our entire vacation the beach was closed, and the machinery was used throughout the entire day, making it impossible to sleep at night.
I would like to know why Apple did not warn us of these proceedings, given that Apple and Funjet were given warning about construction in the Rivera Maya hotel zone. Seeing as I paid for insurance and could've moved my vacation to a different time, I feel that Apple has failed a loyal customer.
I cannot fathom though why Apple would act so negligent given that Funjet alerted all their customers beforehand.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Iberostart Tucan
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
You May Also Like
- "While visiting Cozumel the week before Christmas with our family, we were approached on multiple occasions by a man named Pedro. Literally to the point we actually believed he was..."
- "1st photo is above the mirror/sink area when you walk in. The light hood is broke and filthy. 2nd photo where a water sprinkle system use to be. And also now..."
- "I stayed at the comfort in in Birmingham Alabama on colonnade parkway. this was by far the WORST hotel i have EVER been in. just a list of what was..."
- "POSHMARK ALLOWS THE SELLING OF COUNTERFEIT MICHAEL KORS HANDBAGS! COUNTERFEITS ARE ILLEGAL TO BUY AND TO SELL! I WAS WARNED BY POSHMARK BECAUSE I WAS LETTING BUYERS KNOW WHICH BAGS..."
- "Well I took my shih tzu in for his haircut came back to get him wasn't great but didn't care I took him to a petsmart so I didn't expect..."
- "I purchased a small canvas emergency pouch last November it was intended to hold personal items, medication, a torch and batteries things for an emergency. When it did not appear..."
- "When I had bought the house a couple months ago I noticed that water was overshooting the gutters. At that time Gutter Helmet was already on the house. I had..."
- "I called to cancel my service May 28 2014. I was told I had to send a letter. I submitted said letter but they continue to remove the funds from..."
- "Im on my 9th and final call. I ordered a 90.00 gourmet basket from this company for my father for Fathers Day. To this very day I have yet to..."